Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Sleepy Hollow, NY
About Ryan:

I'm a teacher and writer living in Warren, PA. I love obsessing over books, movies, music, and television, and occasionally writing about it. My first short story "Writer's Block" was published in The Big Book of Bizarro from Burning Bulb Publishing.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Note on Reviews

Since I will be rambling about all manner of pop culture mediums, I thought a brief explanation of my approach to reviewing is in order.

Unless otherwise noted, when I write a review (be it on a movie, book, television series, comic book, etc.), I try and evaluate a work on its merits in comparison to works in the same genre.

For instance, it makes no sense to me to review and evaluate a movie like "Zombieland" against a film like "Citizen Kane." Same medium, completely different genre. It might seem like common sense, but I think some critics unfairly hold all films (and books, and comics, etc.) up to sometimes unrealistic standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment